In it’s more than 200 years of history, Lemon Hill has been home to pleasure gardens, a bandstand, an observation tower and a beer garden just to name a few uses . In keeping with it’s history as a public space, modern day Lemon Hill is made up of key user groups.
- Daily users: drawn from neighborhood and other City residents e.g., joggers, walkers, dog walkers, skateboarders, bikers, basketball players, children’s playground users, drinkers
- School groups: track and field practice
- Public Events: April – November including, regattas, the Bike Race, charity walks, parades, 4th of July, concerts and special events
- Private Events: Group celebrations, family gatherings, spontaneous gatherings
- Gateway Users: Poplar Drive is the primary gateway to CC and all events and institutions on/near the Parkway and the Drives; free parking draws many not affiliated with the park or any event